Sunday, March 9, 2008

Moving Towards "Ling"

Today in Mill Valley, California

Today was the first time in our six years of existence that Osel Thegchog Ling has held routine practice/discussion/instruction gathering in a public space.  Until now, we have always met in folks homes.   A  Mill Valley Buddhist center has been kind enough to offer us space for this.  Eventually we will have our own "ling," meaning place or land.  Nina (left) and Christine (right) and I have been working together to assist Rinpoche in shepherding group practices for a bunch of years.  We each have different approaches to the task, that complement each other.

Even now that I have delegated most of my former tasks of the group to others and mostly focus on big picture thing, it still touches my life in some way every day when I am not in retreat.  It's a responsibility, and one that I care about--when I care too much I get into trouble with it, so these days I take a light touch with it as much as I can. Eventually, it will be a great center for Dzogchen teachings, and probably nothing like any of us (but Rinpoche) imagine.

No comments: