Thursday, April 10, 2008

Auspicious or Inauspicious?

The day before yesterday my car suddenly started making a terrible noise while I was cruising around the farmland of the Valley.  I made it into a small town--what was the name of that place?--after hours, and some kind people helped me hook up with a mechanic.  I was surprized to find that my 99 Chevy Tracker with 75,000 miles on it was given a terminal diagnosis.  I limped back to my hotel, and started home the next day, hoping to make it to Oakland on prayer power.

I didn't.  But I did almost make it to auto dealership row in Vacaville.  My old car found a lovely place to die, with plenty of helpful people, and lots of wildflowers.  I got a ride to the local Honda dealership and they agreed to take me out to get all my stuff out of the old car, tow it in at their convenience, in exchange for me buying a new one on the spot.  That's right, I bought a new car that way!  A powder blue Honda 2008 CRV.  Put all my stuff in it, and off I went!

When I got back home, I found I was needed here. Lama Pema Dorje Rinpoche and his family are coming back from Asia on Friday, and I need a bigger car and time to get ready.

So, was this all auspicious or inauspicious?  I would say the later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you mean the former?

Turquoise Torch said...

Yes, I mean the former. Good eye!