Thursday, December 27, 2007

Onward to Pagosa Springs


After magnificent teachings on a practice of the most penetrating manifestation of Padmasambhava, Rinpoche concluded his short visit to Crestone.  I participated in a convoy over the Wolf Creek pass towards Pagosa Springs, Colorado, in another snowstorm.  In front, Machig Labdron in the form of Tsultrim Allione, driving Rinpoche and entourage.  Behind, the tailgaiting son, Coz.  With me, Dechen--one of Rinpoche's American attendants--keeping me company so I don't sever the steering wheel with my death grip as we  descend from the pass.  

It turns out Dechen is planning on going to Tibet on the same group pilrimage to Tibet that I hope to make with Lama Yeshe Wangmo in 2009.  A speaker of Tibetan and experienced traveler there, she has been helping Lama Wangmo plan the spots to visit on this excursion to unravel the enigmatic Yeshe Tsogyal's sacred story.

Jnanasukha's trip to Tibet 1009.  See bottom of the page.

When we arrived on the edge of Pagosa we did a pit stop at a gas station.  As I have witnessed on numerous occasions with Rinpoche, a destined disciple connected with him in the gas station.  This ordinary looking young man is planning to go to China to become a monk.  Tsultrim invited him out to Tara Mandala, a large Tibetan Buddhist center a few miles outside of Crestone that she founded, and he did not know existed.  One the last day of the retreat he received a Guru Rinpoche empowerment from Rinpoche, by candlelight, and was invited to come back to the place Rinpoche was staying, for a personal chat.


Tomorrow, I hope to bring the blog up to the present day.  It is the day, Friday, that A Rinpoche arrives at Oakland Airport.  Do you want to come?  I hear the flight comes in at noon.  Then, a public talk at the Berkeley Shambhala Center at 7 pm.

1 comment:

winter light said...

If it is not too late, I would be grateful to ask A Rinpoche for some timely personal advice.