Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dakinis and Goodbye

Tiny Tiny little Oak

As I packed to leave I received an unexpected visit from my sangha sister, who fortuitously was between sections of her retreat and could hang out for while. This is a real yogini, who completed three year retreat more than a decade ago, and really lives as a planless mendicant.
We walked the land again, and she showed me the place HH Penor Rinpoche gave an extensive series of empowerments long ago. The cement throne remains, and you can imagine that this might have happened yesterday.

Then she gave me advice, both practical and sublime for retreat, should such an opportunity arise. We arrived at her recently built womb-like strawbale house, and I sat with her drinking African tea and the lifestyle of the modern yogini, the in-depth practitioner of the mantrayana and Great Perfection.

Now, is it just me, or does this peak to the east of Tashi Choling look like a... bhaga?

Wondering that, I departed for Rigdzin Ling.

No comments: