Sunday, February 17, 2008

Circumambulating Lake Merritt


I am making the intention to walk around Lake Merritt at least once a week.  It's a pleasant 3.4 mile walk.  Lots and lots of birds, and a fair number of humans.  I tend to like the wilds of the Oakland hills more, because I am a hermit, and I encounter few humans there.  However, the thing about Lake Merritt is that it is 3.4 miles around, making it a full hours walk for this old slow poke.  That's good for the body!  So, I walked it yesterday evening.

Today I spent the day in puja and discussion with the folks from Osel Thegchog Ling, up at Christine's house in Marin.  It's looking like we are going to start borrowing Arjia Rinpoche's Mill Valley center to hold some of our practices in, we are outgrowing people's living rooms, and they have been kind enough to make it available to us.  That will be a steeping stone towards our own center, someday.

This coming weekend, Anne Klein from Houston is coming in to teach some practices from A _ Rinpoche.  We are renting Orgyen Dorje Den in Alameda for that.

If you don't live in the Bay Area (or New York City) you can't begin to imagine how much space rentals are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a splendid journal! And thank you for posting the pictures and videos of Lama Tharchin Rinpoche.

Turquoise Torch said...

Thank you. All but one or two of the pictures on my blog were taken by me, usually posted within 48 hours of when I shot them. Having my camera with me helps me wake up and notice what is going on outside of my head.